Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Tereza Nedelescu <tn...@tagged.com> on 2011/08/18 08:58:26 UTC

Camel-nagios comes with older version of JsendNSCA - 1.3.1

Hi,

Excuse me if I am wrong, but I think that the latest version of camel-nagios
comes with an older version of jsendNSCA, which is 1.3.1. The newest version
of jsenNSCA is 2.0.1. This creates a path error which I'm trying to solve,
because in one of the versions there is a 'core' folder, while in the other
one it's not. I'm a bit confused at this time about the error cause, but I'm
suspecting it's that.

Re: Camel-nagios comes with older version of JsendNSCA - 1.3.1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
1.3.1 works fine. The 2.0.1 version is in fact a bit worse as it
brings in dependencies to commons-XXX which wasn't really needed.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Tereza Nedelescu <tn...@tagged.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Excuse me if I am wrong, but I think that the latest version of camel-nagios
> comes with an older version of jsendNSCA, which is 1.3.1. The newest version
> of jsenNSCA is 2.0.1. This creates a path error which I'm trying to solve,
> because in one of the versions there is a 'core' folder, while in the other
> one it's not. I'm a bit confused at this time about the error cause, but I'm
> suspecting it's that.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Camel-nagios comes with older version of JsendNSCA - 1.3.1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes use the const for the mode
>
>    public static final int NO_ENCRYPTION = 0;
>    public static final int XOR_ENCRYPTION = 1;
>    public static final int TRIPLE_DES_ENCRYPTION = 3;
>

> <property name="encryptionMethod" value="3"/>
>

> But we should probably also expose those easily in camel-nagios so you
> can configure this in the uri directly if you like.

I created a ticket

And implemented this, so its easier to configure in Camel 2.9 onwards.

Posted by Tereza Nedelescu <tn...@tagged.com>.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply, Claus. Now this error is resolved.

Re: Camel-nagios comes with older version of JsendNSCA - 1.3.1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

<tn...@tagged.com> wrote:
>    The reason why I wanted to switch to version 2.0.1 is because when
> running the following code
>
>  <bean id="nSettings" class="com.googlecode.jsendnsca.core.NagiosSettings"
>>
>      <property name="encryptor" ref="TripleDES" />
>      <property name="password" value="secret" />
>  </bean>
>
> with 1.3.1 I am getting the following error:
>
> SEVERE: Context initialization failed
> with name 'nSettings' defined in ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Error setting property values; nested
> exception is org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid
> property 'encryptor' of bean class
> [com.googlecode.jsendnsca.core.NagiosSettings]: Bean property 'encryptor' is
> not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of the
> setter match the return type of the getter?
>
> Is there a way to get around this error while using version 1.3.1 ?
>
> Thank you,
> Tereza

Claus Ibsen