Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Tyler Palsulich <tp...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/14 20:18:50 UTC

Published Site Changes

Hi Everyone,

I was about to update the site for TIKA-1619 (checksums wrong on the site),
but found unpublished changes in the site. This is the status after
checking out the repo and running `mvn install`:

➜  site  svn status
M       publish/1.7/examples.html
M       publish/1.8/examples.html
M       publish/1.8/index.html
M       publish/1.9/examples.html
M       publish/doap.rdf
M       publish/plugin-management.html
X       src/examples-src

Not all of the changes are correct (e.g. make the list of contributors for
1.8 point to the list for 1.7). So, I don't want to commit all of the
changes. Maybe someone (probably me) didn't add site/src when committing to
site/publish?

I think the doap.rdf change was from r1678405
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1678405>. But, I don't
know about the others.

Anyone have any ideas/clean solutions before I check each page by hand and
redo any necessary 1.7/8/9 changes?

Thanks,
Tyler

Re: Published Site Changes

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Thu, 14 May 2015, Tyler Palsulich wrote:
> I was about to update the site for TIKA-1619 (checksums wrong on the site),
> but found unpublished changes in the site. This is the status after
> checking out the repo and running `mvn install`:
>
> ➜  site  svn status
> M       publish/1.7/examples.html
> M       publish/1.8/examples.html
> M       publish/1.9/examples.html

At some point, we may need to pin the examples page to the state of the
examples area of the repo at the release. Right now, when we add more
examples code, the older examples pages will pull them in, which isn't
always correct...

> M       publish/1.8/index.html
> M       publish/doap.rdf
> M       publish/plugin-management.html
> X       src/examples-src

No idea about the 1.8 index page, sorry

Doap looks expected. Plugin page is auto-generated by maven so updates
fairly often. The X on src/examples-src just tells you it's a svn
externals, as it pulls in the example java source files so that snippets
can be put in the examples page

Nick