Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by sumit_chauhan <su...@uhc.com> on 2013/04/03 12:23:06 UTC

SAMLToken (Signed) request failing because of WS Policy

I am implementing alternate authentication using UsernameToken or SAMLToken
(Signed). I have configured below policy in my wsdl:

	<wsp:Policy wsu:Id="DoubleItPlaintextPolicy">
		<wsp:ExactlyOne>
			<wsp:All>
				<sp:SupportingTokens
xmlns:sp="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702">
					<wsp:Policy>
						<sp:SamlToken
sp:IncludeToken="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient">
							<wsp:Policy>
								<sp:WssSamlV20Token11/>
							</wsp:Policy>
						</sp:SamlToken>
					</wsp:Policy>
				</sp:SupportingTokens>
			</wsp:All>
			<wsp:All>
				<sp:SupportingTokens>
					<wsp:Policy>
						<sp:UsernameToken>
							<wsp:Policy>
								<sp:HashPassword/>
							</wsp:Policy>
						</sp:UsernameToken>
					</wsp:Policy>
				</sp:SupportingTokens>
			</wsp:All>
		</wsp:ExactlyOne>
	</wsp:Policy>

Also, I have configured the backend validators in spring beans file. I am
able to receive requests with UsernameToken. However, SAMLToken requests are
failing with below error:

  <faultstring>These policy alternatives can not be satisfied:
{http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}SupportingTokens
{http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}SamlToken
{http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}UsernameToken</faultstring>

I am attaching a sample SAML request which I am trying to handle.
getTrustedDomainsByUserAddress_SAML_request.xml
<http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5725739/getTrustedDomainsByUserAddress_SAML_request.xml>
Can someone please let me know the correct policy for handling this kind of
request.

RE: SAMLToken (Signed) request failing because of WS Policy

Posted by sumit_chauhan <su...@uhc.com>.
That was the original solution I tried, but it didn't work, hence I shifted to absolute path. I am using wss4j-1.6.9 .
For the time being I have added the logic to load Crypto file to my SAMLValidator itself and it seems to work fine till now. However, it would be great if I could find a way to load it via a CXF property.

Thanks,
Sumit

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by sumit_chauhan <su...@uhc.com>.
I have shifted to CXF-2.7.3. Good news is that UsernameToken is still working without any changes. However, now CXF is unable to find the Crypto properties file. It is throwing below error:

General security error (WSSecurityEngine: No crypto property file supplied to verify signature)

I have added crypto property file using below CXF properties as mentioned here http://cxf.apache.org/docs/ws-securitypolicy.html:
<jaxws:properties>
                <entry key="ws-security.saml2.validator">
                                <bean class="com.optum.direct.secureoptumdirect.authentication.MPICustomSAMLTokenValidator" />
                </entry>
                <entry key="ws-security.signature.properties" value="C:/Workfolder/DirectProject/2_1/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/webapps/config-service/WEB-INF/classes/keystore_dev.properties"/>
                <entry key="ws-security.encryption.properties" value="C:/Workfolder/DirectProject/2_1/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/webapps/config-service/WEB-INF/classes/keystore_dev.properties"/>

________________________________
http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/SAMLToken-Signed-request-failing-because-of-WS-Policy-tp5725739p5725751.html

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by sumit_chauhan <su...@uhc.com>.
CXF-2.4.6

Thanks,
Sumit

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM, sumit_chauhan <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5725743&i=0>>wrote:

> I am implementing alternate authentication using UsernameToken or SAMLToken
> (Signed). I have configured below policy in my wsdl:
>
>         <wsp:Policy wsu:Id="DoubleItPlaintextPolicy">
>                 <wsp:ExactlyOne>
>                         <wsp:All>
>                                 <sp:SupportingTokens
> xmlns:sp="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702">
>                                         <wsp:Policy>
>                                                 <sp:SamlToken
> sp:IncludeToken="
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient
> ">
>                                                         <wsp:Policy>
>
> <sp:WssSamlV20Token11/>
>                                                         </wsp:Policy>
>                                                 </sp:SamlToken>
>                                         </wsp:Policy>
>                                 </sp:SupportingTokens>
>                         </wsp:All>
>                         <wsp:All>
>                                 <sp:SupportingTokens>
>                                         <wsp:Policy>
>                                                 <sp:UsernameToken>
>                                                         <wsp:Policy>
>
> <sp:HashPassword/>
>                                                         </wsp:Policy>
>                                                 </sp:UsernameToken>
>                                         </wsp:Policy>
>                                 </sp:SupportingTokens>
>                         </wsp:All>
>                 </wsp:ExactlyOne>
>         </wsp:Policy>
>
> Also, I have configured the backend validators in spring beans file. I am
> able to receive requests with UsernameToken. However, SAMLToken requests
> are
> failing with below error:
>
>   <faultstring>These policy alternatives can not be satisfied:
> {
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}SupportingTokens
> {http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}SamlToken
> {http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}UsernameToken
> </faultstring>
>
> I am attaching a sample SAML request which I am trying to handle.
> getTrustedDomainsByUserAddress_SAML_request.xml
> <
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5725739/getTrustedDomainsByUserAddress_SAML_request.xml
> >
> Can someone please let me know the correct policy for handling this kind of
> request.

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

________________________________
http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/SAMLToken-Signed-request-failing-because-of-WS-Policy-tp5725739p5725743.html

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM, sumit_chauhan <su...@uhc.com>wrote:

> I am implementing alternate authentication using UsernameToken or SAMLToken
> (Signed). I have configured below policy in my wsdl:
>
>         <wsp:Policy wsu:Id="DoubleItPlaintextPolicy">
>                 <wsp:ExactlyOne>
>                         <wsp:All>
>                                 <sp:SupportingTokens
> xmlns:sp="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702">
>                                         <wsp:Policy>
>                                                 <sp:SamlToken
> sp:IncludeToken="
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient
> ">
>                                                         <wsp:Policy>
>
> <sp:WssSamlV20Token11/>
>                                                         </wsp:Policy>
>                                                 </sp:SamlToken>
>                                         </wsp:Policy>
>                                 </sp:SupportingTokens>
>                         </wsp:All>
>                         <wsp:All>
>                                 <sp:SupportingTokens>
>                                         <wsp:Policy>
>                                                 <sp:UsernameToken>
>                                                         <wsp:Policy>
>
> <sp:HashPassword/>
>                                                         </wsp:Policy>
>                                                 </sp:UsernameToken>
>                                         </wsp:Policy>
>                                 </sp:SupportingTokens>
>                         </wsp:All>
>                 </wsp:ExactlyOne>
>         </wsp:Policy>
>
> Also, I have configured the backend validators in spring beans file. I am
> able to receive requests with UsernameToken. However, SAMLToken requests
> are
> failing with below error:
>
>   <faultstring>These policy alternatives can not be satisfied:
> {
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}SupportingTokens
> {http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}SamlToken
> {http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}UsernameToken
> </faultstring>
>
> I am attaching a sample SAML request which I am trying to handle.
> getTrustedDomainsByUserAddress_SAML_request.xml
> <
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5725739/getTrustedDomainsByUserAddress_SAML_request.xml
> >
> Can someone please let me know the correct policy for handling this kind of
> request.

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com