Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Cassidy <da...@twocats.co.uk> on 2008/03/11 15:39:36 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Access is slow when accessed by IP address instead of 'localhost'

Nilesh

Check if its doing a reverse lookup.

you need DNS for that ...

Posted by Adam Martin <Ad...@infor.com>.
Dinesh,

If accessing the Apache machine from other machines on the network is
slow you may have a missing reverse lookup entry in your DNS.  To test
you might try the following from one of the slow machines.

nslookup (hostname where Apache is installed)

nslookup 192.168.1.2

The results from the two commands should match.  Another test would be
to add the 192.168.1.2 host to the hosts file on one of the slow
machines and see if response time improves.  Good luck.

Posted by Dinesh Kumar <pd...@elitmus.com>.

Posted by David Cassidy <da...@twocats.co.uk>.
Sorry

Posted by Nilesh Govindrajan <ad...@itech7.com>.