Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org> on 2016/12/10 18:59:15 UTC

GDB + SIM broken with macOS sierra

I\u2019m wondering if anyone else has seen this / worked around it?

I can run SIM directly from command line, or under LLDB, but GBD seems
to be broken?

Sterling

Re: GDB + SIM broken with macOS sierra

Posted by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io>.
I also tried to use lldb for a few days, and decided that gdb setup is still worth the
trouble.

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.
Ugh.

I\u2019ve been using lldb for most of the day, and it\u2019s\u2026 fine.
Certainly it has improved over the years.  We might consider switching
to it on mac os x for the simulated environment.  I hate having to make
users learn yet another debugger, but people are moving away from GCC /
GDB and to LLVM / LLDB, and I don\u2019t know how well GDB is going to work

Posted by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io>.