Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Roland Dong <rd...@cait.org> on 2002/05/21 16:15:00 UTC

Please help with email attachment problem--urgent!

Hi, I am using two set of tags in one jsp page to handle uploading and
attachemnt.  The program ask user to upload the file from the local disk to
the server.  Then the program will send that file as email attachment.

The problem I have is that I was told by IT department that user will not be
able to upload file to the server because the servers are clustered and
webdav enabled.

Is there a way to bypass the uploading part and email the attachment
directly?  Please help!

This is the snippets of the upload.jsp
//upload.jsp
//upload file
<up:parse>
 File is: <up:getName id="A"/>
 <% name="test/test1/"+A; %>
<up:saveFiles path="test/testdir/" />
</up:parse>
//attache file
<mt:attach file="">
<%=name%>
</mt:attach>

I will not be able to have local file uploaded to test/testdir directory.
Not even a tmp or shared directory.

So I am wondering if there is a work around?

Roland