Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vijay K Anand <r1...@freescale.com> on 2005/07/06 15:09:35 UTC

javascript

Hi

This code is not actually translating
onclick="javascript:location.href=\'<html:rewrite
page='/portfoliomgmt'/>\'" />

how do i do it?

Re: javascript

Posted by BH...@powersystems.rockwell.com.
You cannot embed a taglib within a taglib,  you will have to create a
variable, then use a scriptlet in the tag.

<bean:define id="forward"><html:rewrite page='/portfoliomgmt'/
></bean:define>
onclick="<%=forward %>" />

             Vijay K Anand
             <r1631z@freescale
                                       Struts Users Mailing List
             07/06/2005 09:09          <us...@struts.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         javascript
               "Struts Users
               Mailing List"
             <user@struts.apac
                  he.org>

Re: javascript

Posted by Vijay K Anand <r1...@freescale.com>.
Thanks buddy , it is great...

Re: javascript

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@gmail.com>.
Use the action attribute instead of the page attribute in your
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-html.html#rewrite for the
tag documentation.

-- Jeff

On 7/6/05, Vijay K Anand <r1...@freescale.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I used the same way  you have said
>
>                                         <bean:define
> id="create_portfolio">javascript:location.href='<html:rewrite
> page="/portfoliomgmt"/>'</bean:define>
> value="Create"  styleClass="NPIButton" onclick="<%=create_portfolio %>"
> />
>
> html code generated is
> <input type="button" name="Create" value="Create"
> onclick="javascript:location.href='/portfoliomgmt'" class="NPIButton">
>
> but the problem is .do missing ...
>
> Any help brotheres?
>

> Bob Arnott wrote:

Re: javascript

Posted by BH...@powersystems.rockwell.com.
<bean:define id="onClickUrl">javascript:location.href='<html:rewrite
page="/portfoliomgmt" />.do'</bean:define>
onclick="<%=onClickUrl%>" />

             Vijay K Anand
             <r1631z@freescale
                                       Struts Users Mailing List
             07/06/2005 10:11          <us...@struts.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: javascript
               "Struts Users
               Mailing List"
             <user@struts.apac
                  he.org>

RE: javascript

Posted by Bob Arnott <bo...@aungate.com>.
Vijay K Anand wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I used the same way  you have said
>
>                                         <bean:define
> id="create_portfolio">javascript:location.href='<html:rewrite
> page="/portfoliomgmt"/>'</bean:define>
> property="Create" value="Create"  styleClass="NPIButton"
> onclick="<%=create_portfolio %>" />
>
> html code generated is
> <input type="button" name="Create" value="Create"
> onclick="javascript:location.href='/portfoliomgmt'"
> class="NPIButton">
>
> but the problem is .do missing ...

If you want the .do bit to automatically be appended for you, then use:

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-html.html#rewrite

--
Bob Arnott

Re: javascript