Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John McGrath <jm...@whoi.edu> on 2003/12/30 21:52:03 UTC

is there an eta for struts 1.2 beta?

we've been using a nightly build of 1.2, in order to be be able to more
easily put ActionMessages into the session object. we're a little leery
of putting it into production, though, until there's at least an
official beta... any idea when that might be?

this is our first struts project, and we're excited about it. many
thanks to the developers.

john

Re: is there an eta for struts 1.2 beta?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:52:03 -0500, John McGrath wrote:
> we've been using a nightly build of 1.2, in order to be be able to
> more easily put ActionMessages into the session object. we're a
> little leery of putting it into production, though, until there's
> at least an official beta... any idea when that might be?
>
> this is our first struts project, and we're excited about it. many
> thanks to the developers.
>
> john

We're working down the short-list of outstanding problem reports.

<http://tinyurl.com/yqxyk>

I believe that when these are clear, we should be able to roll the 1.2.0
release. This will start out as an alpha, and then may proceed to beta, and even
General Availability (stable), depending on the votes of the committers.

Other than these issues, it shouldn't be any different than the nightly build
though.

I also wanted to include more of the outstanding enhancements, especially those
with patches <http://tinyurl.com/2zhzp>, but those may have to wait for 1.2.1 :)

-Ted.