Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2004/02/06 14:46:27 UTC

Rhino, setSelectionList and different VMs

Hi,

I have an interesting issue that I'd like to see confirmed, since we
suspect Rhino behaves differently under Apple's VM (1.4.2_03) rather
than Linux's - with regards to method overloading (used by the two
possible ways of invoking setSelectionList - with either one or three
arguments).

The testcase is quite simple:

Try to fill in the *second* form in the new v2 flow api sample of Woody
(the one with the cars -
http://localhost:8888/samples/woody/v2/example) - that should result in
a "No value for xpath: undefined" error when trying to set the Type
selection list after selecting a Make on Linux, possibly also on PC,
but *not* on Apple's VM. (The first form should be just fine - just
press Commit there.)

Then, swap the two jsFunction_setSelectionList methods in
src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/flow/javascript/v2/
ScriptableWidget.java - making sure the the one with three arguments
(Object objectArg, Object valuePathArg, Object labelPathArg) is first,
and the one with one (Object arg) comes last. Build clean and make
webapp. Test again, and the result should be the inverse of the
previous situation - depending on your host OS.

Can anyone confirm, and hopefully show me some light in the dark?

Thanks,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Rhino, setSelectionList and different VMs

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 06 Feb 2004, at 16:55, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 15:46, Christopher Oliver wrote:
>> I don't think Rhino supports overloading of jsFunction_xxx(). The two
>> jsFunction_setSelectionList() functions need to be merged into one
>> method.
>>

> Just did this.

:-D

Thanks!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Rhino, setSelectionList and different VMs

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 15:46, Christopher Oliver wrote:
> I don't think Rhino supports overloading of jsFunction_xxx(). The two
> jsFunction_setSelectionList() functions need to be merged into one method.

Just did this.

Thanks for the tip.

Re: Rhino, setSelectionList and different VMs

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.
I don't think Rhino supports overloading of jsFunction_xxx(). The two
jsFunction_setSelectionList() functions need to be merged into one method.

HTH,

Chris