Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Astrid Keßler <ke...@kess-net.de> on 2002/09/15 02:53:06 UTC

Question on install.xml/install.html.en

 The compiling and installing documentation contains at Requirements >
 Perl 5:

 "For some of the support scripts like apxs or dbmmanage (which are
 written in Perl) the Perl 5 interpreter is required (versions 5.003 and
 5.004 are fine)"

 5.003/5.004 are very old. Current Perl Version is 5.8. So this sentence
 seems like never changed since it has been written. Shouldn't we change
 it to soumething like:

 "For some of the support scripts like apxs or dbmmanage (which are
 written in Perl) the Perl 5 interpreter is required (versions 5.003 and
 5.004 are sufficient)"

 or maybe suggest a newer version?

 Kess

Re: Question on install.xml/install.html.en

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 02:53:06AM +0200, Astrid Keßler wrote:
>  "For some of the support scripts like apxs or dbmmanage (which are
>  written in Perl) the Perl 5 interpreter is required (versions 5.003 and
>  5.004 are sufficient)"

"5.003 or newer are sufficient."  -- justin