Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alex Siman <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/18 19:45:28 UTC

How do you refactor JSP, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, etc?

I'm using Eclipse and the current solution (which I dislike) is to
"Search/Replace". This is error prone solution.

Do you now any better approach to refactor non Java resources in big apps?
Or do you use any cool refactoring tool?

P.S. Maybe this topic does not relate to Struts directly, but Struts is
about webdev, isn't it?

Re: [OT] RE: How do you refactor JSP, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, etc?

Posted by Mark McLaren <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

For re-factoring HTML, JavaScript and CSS you can use numerous online
tools (e.g. jslint, w3c validators).

Also the Firefox browser is extremely useful with a selection of
appropriate plugins, for example:

Chris Pederick's Web Developer (validate CSS and *MUCH* more)
HTML Validator (tidies up HTML)
FireBug (debug CSS layouts and *MUCH* more)

In respect of re-factoring JSP it is mostly about avoiding scriptlets!

HTH

Mark

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Alex Siman wrote:
> But I ask about NON Java refactoring. See the subject of this topic.

Not Struts related. Try using Google.

Dave

Re: [OT] RE: How do you refactor JSP, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, etc?

Posted by Alex Siman <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Kawczynski, David" <da...@merck.com>.
http://www.eclipse.org/mail/