Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/07 23:54:30 UTC

Propose to create a new Tuscany malling list

Currently we have couple places that can generate e-mail notification :
   - Apache Continuum build notifications (sucess/failure)
   - Traffic stats for Apache Tuscany Blog (daily/weekly)
   - Traffic stats for Apache Tuscany website (daily/weekly)
   - etc

I don't want to pollute the dev or committ list with these
notifications, and thus would like to propose creation of a
notification list to forward all these e-mails, and the interested
people would subscribe (or look into the archives) and have access to
these information.

If people are OK with this, I'd contact infra@ and ask for the
creation of the new notification list.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Propose to create a new Tuscany malling list

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
ant elder wrote:
> On 8/7/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Currently we have couple places that can generate e-mail notification :
>>    - Apache Continuum build notifications (sucess/failure)
>>    - Traffic stats for Apache Tuscany Blog (daily/weekly)
>>    - Traffic stats for Apache Tuscany website (daily/weekly)
>>    - etc
>>
>> I don't want to pollute the dev or committ list with these
>> notifications, and thus would like to propose creation of a
>> notification list to forward all these e-mails, and the interested
>> people would subscribe (or look into the archives) and have access to
>> these information.
>>
>> If people are OK with this, I'd contact infra@ and ask for the
>> creation of the new notification list.
>>

> I'm not sure I understand the need for a new list for this, whats wrong with
> sending these to the dev or commit lists? Other projects do this, gump
> notifications generally always go to the dev list. If there's information
> that could be considered confidential on the analytics reports maybe it
> should just go to the private list, would be good to at least have the
> Google Analytics userid/pswd sent to the private list so all ppmc members
> have access to it.
>
>    ...ant

+1 to what Ant is saying, I'd like to suggest the following:
- build notifications go to either the commit or dev list (I have a
slight preference for the commit list but am ok with either one)
- private stuff goes to the private list

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Propose to create a new Tuscany malling list

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.