Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2013/07/24 17:24:20 UTC

HA not working - CloudStack 4.1.0 and KVM hypervisor hosts

Dear all,

I tried to shutdown one of my hypervisor hosts to simulate a server
failure, and the HA is not working, all the VMs on the affected host is not
started on another available host.

I am using CloudStack 4.1.0 with KVM hypervisors and Ceph RBD for primary
storage.

My issue is similar to what is being described here:

Except that on my case, the host is indeed marked as "Disconnected" but
there is no attempt from CloudStack to try starting the VMs on another
host. I can't provide logs since there's nothing on the logs which suggest
that CloudStack tries to activate the HA and start the affected VMs on
another host.

Anyone has similar experience? Anyone knows if the above bug has been
resolved?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

Re: HA not working - CloudStack 4.1.0 and KVM hypervisor hosts

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
Nothing, looks good.

(And thanks for opening it Paul)

Posted by Salvatore Sciacco <sc...@iperweb.com>.
there are workaround / database update to declare a host died so that HA
operations can be triggered?

Posted by Lennert den Teuling <le...@pcextreme.nl>.

Posted by Bryan Whitehead <dr...@megahappy.net>.

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.