Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Morris <dm...@plumcreek.com> on 2001/04/02 21:11:34 UTC

Cocoon on iSeries

Cocoon Listees,

I am attempting to install Cocoon on an iSeries (formerly AS/400) and am looking for pointers.
I read the installation guide and it looks like it should work.  This system is running Apache 2.0,
which is a reasonably stable.  I am also running Tomcat 3.2.1 with an undocumented IBM
version of mod_jk.

I would really appreciate any pointers, especially from anyone has configured a similar system.
Apache is relatively new on the iSeries, so that is where I could use the most help.  My guess
is that Cocoon should be easier to set up and get running than WebSphere, which I also have
running on this system. I also believe that this setup will have widespread appeal to other
iSeries sites.

Thanks,

David Morris

Re: Cocoon on iSeries

Posted by Ingo Bruell <ib...@gmx.de>.
Hi David,

on Monday, April 02, 2001, at 9:11:34 PM, you wrote:

DM> I am attempting to install Cocoon on an iSeries (formerly AS/400) and am looking for pointers.
DM> I read the installation guide and it looks like it should work.  This system is running Apache 2.0,
DM> which is a reasonably stable.  I am also running Tomcat 3.2.1 with an undocumented IBM
DM> version of mod_jk.
Sounds great :-)

DM> I would really appreciate any pointers, especially from anyone has configured a similar system.
DM> Apache is relatively new on the iSeries, so that is where I could use the most help.  My guess
DM> is that Cocoon should be easier to set up and get running than WebSphere, which I also have
DM> running on this system. I also believe that this setup will have widespread appeal to other
DM> iSeries sites.

It  is  neccessary  to install the latest Cumulative PTF to get JDK1.3
and many bug fixes e.g. RMI class loading.
I am experienced in configuring AS/400 Systems. I have installed JBoss
with  Jetty and Cocoon on a Customer AS/400 with V4R5M0 but the needed
PTF's  were not installed so the Application Server crashed when i try
to call an ejb from the client. But the server started well...

How i could get apache for OS/400 ?

so long

Ingo Bruell

---
<ib...@gmx.de>
<In...@epost.de>
<ICQ# 40377720>
Oldenburg    PGP-Fingerprint: CB01 AE12 B359 87C4 BF1C  953C 8FE7 C648 169E E5FC
Germany      PGP-Public-Key available at pgpkeys.mit.edu