Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com> on 2009/07/21 04:21:27 UTC

trie* space-time tradeoff

Anyone have any numbers?  I couldn't find complete info in the Trie*
JIRA issues, esp relating to size increase in the index.

There was this:
> The indexes each contain 13 numeric, tree encoded fields (doubles and Dates). Index size (including the "normal" fields) was:
>
>    * 8bit: 4.8 GiB
>    * 4bit: 5.1 GiB
>    * 2bit: 5.7 GiB

But no info on baselines... for example, what's the index size with
1) those numeric fields not indexed at all
2) those numeric fields indexed with no precision step

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com