Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Costin Manolache <co...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/08/22 01:02:03 UTC

- targets and - properties

Hi,

I would like to add 2 more options to the command
line:
"ant -tasks " will list all defined tasks in a build.xml file
"ant -properties" will list all top-level defined properties.

Both would be very useful to avoid searching in build.xml.

An aditional extension ( that will make build.xml files
incompatible with older versions of ant ) is to add a
"description" attribute to <property> and <target>.
This will allow a nice self-documenting listing, and
improve the readability of build.xml.

Let me know what you think - I can send a patch
( or check in - if I'm still on the commiter list  :-)).

Costin

Re: - targets and - properties

Posted by Costin Manolache <co...@costin.dnt.ro>.
Costin Manolache wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to add 2 more options to the command
> line:
> "ant -tasks " will list all defined tasks in a build.xml file
> "ant -properties" will list all top-level defined properties.

Ops, it seems a patch was already sent. I'm too late :-)

Costin