Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Simon Hardy-Francis <si...@isv-gmbh.de> on 2002/05/15 17:23:07 UTC

java as xml rpc (v1.1) server whitespace string parsing problem

The xml rpc client passes a struct to the xml rpc server with the following member:

Note: The string value is a single space character; "<space>". The above snippet was copied from the Java "TCP Tunnel/Monitor".

On the Java xml rpc server side then when I inspect the Hashtable key called STATE then I get a zero length string and not the single space character string as expected.

All other strings and types work as expected. If the client sends STATE="<space>X" instead of STATE="<space>" then "<spaceX" arrives as expected.

Is this a "known feature"?

Re: java as xml rpc (v1.1) server whitespace string parsing problem

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
Simon,

    I think it's a bug in MinML. I'm preparing a new release of MinML which
should fix the problem. I'd be happy to send you a preliminary version if
you would be able to test that it fixes your problem.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk