Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za> on 2010/11/18 18:41:09 UTC

Irksome behaviour of subversion

Guys,

I noticed today that when Dan renamed/moved some files around, I
lost a bunch of uncommitted changes.

Fortunately they were not too difficult to repeat, but I am a little
intrigued to note that if files / directories are moved, the "delete and
add" behaviour means that modified files on my local filesystem are
just deleted.

I thought I'd point this out.

Regards,
Kevin

Re: Irksome behaviour of subversion

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Is someone using git-svn?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
think there is no way in svn to avoid this. even if you do a svn move it will drop your local changes afaik...

Best way to avoid things is to only use the latest commandline svn client. Also avoid using any gui svn tools. Most of them don't track partial merges (new git-like feature with svn 1.6.x because they use svnkit which only provides svn-1.5 features.

LieGrue,
strub