Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rabih M <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/27 16:31:48 UTC

proton cpp container.stop not fully thread safe

Hello,

I am using proton cpp version 0.27.0.
I have a random crash when calling stop on the container after closing the
connection.
Please find the attached the code and the stack.

In the doc, it is said that the container object is thread safe but
apparently there is flaw...

Can you please advise?

Do you need me to create a Jira issue?

Best regards,

Rabih

Please just create the JIRA already... [Was proton cpp container.stop not fully thread safe]

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@apache.org>.
As a matter of policy, it is much better to just create the Jira based
on the symptoms and update it as more info becomes known than to front
load the process before creating the jira.

This is a general point and not restricted to this issue.

Yes, I know that I'm as likely to fall foul of this as anypne else, but
it makes for better conversations on bugs that have multiple
stakeholders. And it is much easier to see who's doing what and what
issues remain in a release.

As you can simply change the description and all descriptors there
seems to be no real downsides to creating the report first then
updating it.

It also doesn't preclude asking on the list for information, but as a
rough guide getting a SEGV is a bug and should be reported. We can
always close the issue as not-a-bug later if we discover it's actually
an issue in the application itself.

Andrew

Re: proton cpp container.stop not fully thread safe

Posted by Cliff Jansen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rabih M <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,