Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/14 23:52:35 UTC

Java (O/T) thing

Greets-

Does anyone know what this message means?
"class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0"

Thanks,
M-

Re: Java (O/T) thing

Posted by Ed Griebel <ed...@gmail.com>.
I wrestled with this exact thing this week. For the benefit of people
searching the archives, to force a 1.4-compatible JDK to be used by a
1.5 compiler you can use "-target 1.4 -source 1.4" on the javac
command line, or for ant, "target='1.4'  source='1.4' " in your javac
task.

-ed

Re: Java (O/T) thing

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
I downloaded supposedly 1.42 JDK
I went back to my old Oracle JDeveloper JDK and all is well
Thanks Wendy-
Martin-

Re: Java (O/T) thing

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java (O/T) thing

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Thats it
Somehow 1.5 binaries spefically java.exe and javac.exe got mixed in the
1.4EE tar
Reverted back to JDeveloper 1.42 and all is well
Thanks David,
Martin--