Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Grinshtein, Artem" <Ar...@t-systems.com> on 2004/12/17 10:58:24 UTC

Sharing Preferences

Hi,

Congratulations on the M1 release!

I've some questions about sharing preference attibutes:
 - Does M1 support the sharing of preferences?
 - What preference scopes are/will be possible (per user, per application, per group/role)?
 - How does it work?
 - How can I use it?

Thanks
Artem

Re: Sharing Preferences

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Dec 17, 2004, at 1:58 AM, Grinshtein, Artem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Congratulations on the M1 release!
>
> I've some questions about sharing preference attibutes:
>  - Does M1 support the sharing of preferences?

You can share prefs by putting them on a common page (not a specific
user's page)
such as the root folder or any common role or other folder on the path

>  - What preference scopes are/will be possible (per user, per
> application, per group/role)?

the scope is limited to the page's window currently - so its per page
it would be interesting to support other scopes and stay within the
confines of the spec
the behavior right now is questionably within the spec, which says that
all prefs should be per user
but the spec does not address the issue of shared pages

>  - How does it work?
>  - How can I use it?
>
> Thanks
> Artem