Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Shirish M. Kulkarni" <sh...@ptc.com> on 2001/12/13 06:53:52 UTC

XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();

Hi,

I am using the Xerces C++ parser in the following secnerio -

   * The application calling the function, which is wrapping the parser
     instantiation, parsing and delete - number of times

Following are my queries

   * Do I need to call XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize(); before every
     instantiation of Xerces parser OR a single call at the first
     execution is sufficient ? I observed, that the parser works
     successfully with a single XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize(); at the
     start.
   * I understand that XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();  is an expensive
     call and would lock a thead mutex - What is the resorce / object
     getting locked by this call, which is getting freed by
     XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate() ?

--
With best regards,

Shirish