Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ashish Uttamrao Sahane <AS...@TechMahindra.com> on 2016/09/23 13:29:24 UTC

Is there any AMQP iOS client available which supports AMQP 0-10 version?

Hi,

I am trying to get information about any iOS client that supports AMQP 0-10 version. I am using Qpid broker 6.0.4 with AMQP 0-10 and looking for a compatible iOS client (Objective-c or Swift).

?

Thank you.

Regards,
Ashish Sahane | Project Lead | Tech Mahindra
E-Mail        : as00335622@techmahindra.com<ma...@techmahindra.com>
OneNet      : 6-252955
Telephone  : +91-020-42250000 (252955)
Mobile        : +91-9970860699

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.

Re: Is there any AMQP iOS client available which supports AMQP 0-10 version?

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
I'm afraid I can't answer your query directly... but you say you are
using "Qpid Broker 6.0.4" - does that mean the Qpid Broker for Java?
The Java Broker does its best to convert messages between AMQP
protocols so you should be able to use a client which speaks AMQP
0-9-1 or AMQP 1.0 from iOS and use 0-10 from other platforms (if this
helps).  There may be some loss of fidelity in message headers, etc.
due to the differences in the protocols, but it should work fine for
simple messaging.

Obviously the best solution for you would still be a 0-10 client for
iOS, but I'm afraid I'm not an expert in that area.

Hope this helps,
Rob