Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/11 11:56:10 UTC

Slow tests

Hi all,

I opened OAK-3858 to discuss about some slow running tests. I would like to
raise awareness to the whole team, since I don't have enough background in
every subsystem to evaluate if a test is slow because of a potential bug,
if it should be moved to the integration test phase, or if it should be as
it is.

I invite everyone to check the (short) list of tests reported in the issue.

Francesco

Re: Slow tests

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@greenbytes.de>.
On 2016-01-11 11:56, Francesco Mari wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I opened OAK-3858 to discuss about some slow running tests. I would like to
> raise awareness to the whole team, since I don't have enough background in
> every subsystem to evaluate if a test is slow because of a potential bug,
> if it should be moved to the integration test phase, or if it should be as
> it is.
>
> I invite everyone to check the (short) list of tests reported in the issue.

The DocumentStore related tests are run against a long set of fixtures
(intentionally), and instantiating those even if a specific DB is not
available takes some time.

That being said, among these are a few performance test classes which
probably shouldn't match the "*Test" pattern...

Best regards, Julian