Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Chuck Hinson <ch...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2007/04/24 23:17:27 UTC

wsse BinarySecurityToken

I see on the WSS4J project page, under the WS-Security features, the
statement "WSS4J supports X.509 binary certificates and certificate
paths"

After some experimentation, however, it would appear that the above
statement does not mean that wsse:BinarySecurityToken is actually
supported.

Is this correct (wsse:BinarySecurityToken is not supported)?  And if so,
would anyone care to venture what my options might be if I need to be
able to handle wsse:BinarySecurityToken?

--Chuck

RE: wsse BinarySecurityToken

Posted by Chuck Hinson <ch...@gestalt-llc.com>.
We're doing a sort of proxy, so I need to be able to validate the signature on an incoming request without removing the security header. I also need to be able to retrieve the principal from the accompanying certificate (hence BinarySecurityToken) so that I can determine whether the requester is authorized to have the request proxied.

Unfortunately, I can't even get past signature validation because wss4j doesnt understand the BinarySecurityToken.

--Chuck

Posted by Chuck Hinson <ch...@gestalt-llc.com>.

Posted by Fred Dushin <fr...@dushin.net>.

Posted by Fred Dushin <fr...@dushin.net>.

AW: wsse BinarySecurityToken

Posted by "Dittmann, Werner" <we...@nsn.com>.
OASIS specified as part of the X.509 profile a mechanism
to send certificate path, this however was not implemented in WSS4J,
also there were no test cases and interoperability tests define
for this specific mechanism. AFAIK this is not used.

Regards,
Werner

Posted by "Dittmann, Werner" <we...@nsn.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Aubert <gu...@gmail.com>.