Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anthony Ikeda <an...@proxima-tech.com> on 2000/12/18 08:42:31 UTC

Tomcat 3.2.1 404 errors

Hi, I'm new to this list and I've checked the mailing list archives and
cannot find a solution to my problem...

I have Tomcat 3.2.1 installed on an NT4 box. It seems to be functioning
alright, however when a page cannot be found it seems to get stuck in a loop
and eventually falls over with a stack overflow error:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
	at java.lang.Exception.(Exception.java:38)
	at java.io.IOException.(IOException.java:43)
	at java.io.FileNotFoundException.(FileNotFoundException.java:62)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:64)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:95)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.request.FileHandler.doService(StaticInterceptor.java:365)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleStatus(ContextManager.java:1049)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.request.FileHandler.doService(StaticInterceptor.java:387)

The last 4 lines just keep repeating over and over again.

I have error-pages set up in the web.xml file (have there been any changes
to this?) but it won't display them either.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Cheers,
Anthony Ikeda,
Web Application Developer,