Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by yash jain <yd...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/05 13:19:50 UTC

Error while executing bootstrap_development.sh

Hi

I am a newbie I was trying to setup my development environment I was using
a fresh docker container. I tried to follow the instruction given here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/Docker+for+Impala+Developers>

I get the following error after around 5 or 6 hours of processing

    Background task Loading TPC-H data (pid 9663) failed.
    Error in /home/impdev/Impala/testdata/bin/create-load-data.sh at line
85: ;;

I have tried setting up a VMWare Workstation VM too but it also gave me the
same error

My host PC config is

Intel i7-6700K processor
16 GB RAM @3000MHz
1 TB SATA drive
Ubuntu 16.04 x64

The partition for docker was completely empty when the process began and
currently has around 85 Gb data filled out of a max of 155 Gb .

The complete on screen output is attached below.

Thanks

Re: Error while executing bootstrap_development.sh

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.
Hello!

Welcome to the Impala dev community!

Based on your log, you're most likely out of disk space. The "could only be
replicated to 0 nodes" error is coming from HDFS, whose datanodes are
reporting there's not enough space for more blocks. You could go into the
HDFS web UI (port 5070, if I'm not mistaken) to see what it thinks of its
datanodes.

Cheers,

-- Philip

Root cause: RemoteException: File