Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/19 08:19:37 UTC

Re: Apache FTP Server

Hi,

   It is true that we have changed the column names
for consistency but you can still use your old table.
The only thing you have to do is to change the
queries. This is the column mapping (OLD -> NEW):

LOGIN_ID      -> uid
PASSWORD      -> userpassword
HOME_DIR      -> homedirectory
ENABLED       -> enableflag
WRITE_PERM    -> writepermission
IDLE_TIME     -> idletime
UPLOAD_RATE   -> uploadrate
DOWNLOAD_RATE -> downloadrate

If you want to use your old table with the new FTP
server, you need to use the following queries.

sql-user-insert
---------------
INSERT INTO FTP_USER
(LOGIN_ID, PASSWORD,
 HOME_DIR, ENABLED,
 WRITE_PERM, IDLE_TIME,
 UPLOAD_RATE, DOWNLOAD_RATE)
VALUES
('{uid}', '{userpassword}',
 '{homedirectory}', '{enableflag}',
 '{writepermission}', {idletime},
  {uploadrate}, {downloadrate})

sql-user-update
---------------
UPDATE FTP_USER SET
  PASSWORD='{userpassword}',
  HOME_DIR='{homedirectory}',
  ENABLED='{enableflag}',
  WRITE_PERM='{writepermission}',
  IDLE_TIME={idletime},
  UPLOAD_RATE={uploadrate},
  DOWNLOAD_RATE={downloadrate}
WHERE LOGIN_ID='{uid}'

sql-user-delete
---------------
DELETE FROM FTP_USER WHERE LOGIN_ID = '{uid}'

sql-user-select
---------------
SELECT
  LOGIN_ID uid,
  PASSWORD userpassword,
  HOME_DIR homedirectory,
  ENABLED enableflag,
  WRITE_PERM writepermission,
  IDLE_TIME idletime,
  UPLOAD_RATE uploadrate,
  DOWNLOAD_RATE downloadrate
FROM FTP_USER
WHERE LOGIN_ID = '{uid}'

sql-user-select-all
-------------------
SELECT LOGIN_ID uid
FROM FTP_USER
ORDER BY LOGIN_ID

sql-user-authenticate
---------------------
SELECT LOGIN_ID
FROM FTP_USER
WHERE
  LOGIN_ID='{uid}' AND
  PASSWORD='{userpassword}'

sql-user-admin
all the FTP server related mail should be directed to
the mailing list so that we can get feedback from
other developers.

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya

--- Marek Novotný <ma...@siemens.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I used the old version of your FTPServer in my
> project and I want to
> upgrade to Apache FTP Server incubator.
>
> I made a new configuration based on my old
> configuration and existing
> database table FTP_USER with different column names
> from current version of
> ftp-db.sql file.
>
> The problem is that I can't login to FTP server with
> admin user, because
> there is thrown SQLException, that reports nonexist
> column uid.
> What does it mean for my situation? Do I have to
> rename my table columns to
> new names? Is it bug or feature, that I must use the
> column names like they
> are defined in
> org.apache.ftpserver.usermanager.BaseUser class?
>
> The report of SQLException is followed:
> [2005-10-18T14:37:39] (INFO) Open connection -
> 1.2.3.4
> [2005-10-18T14:37:39] (INFO) SELECT LOGIN_ID from
> FTP_USER WHERE
> LOGIN_ID='admin
> ' AND PASSWORD='admin'
> [2005-10-18T14:37:39] (INFO) SELECT LOGIN_ID,
> PASSWORD, HOME_DIR, ENABLED,
> WRITE
> _PERM, IDLE_TIME, UPLOAD_RATE, DOWNLOAD_RATE FROM
> FTP_USER WHERE LOGIN_ID=
> 'admi
> n'
> [2005-10-18T14:37:39] (ERROR)
> DbUserManager.getUserByName()
> java.sql.SQLException: Column 'uid' not found.
>         at

com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSet.findColumn(ResultSet.java:910)
>         at

com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSet.getString(ResultSet.java:4942)
>         at

org.apache.ftpserver.usermanager.DbUserManager.getUserByName(DbUserManager.j
> ava:270)
>         at

org.apache.ftpserver.command.PASS.populateUser(PASS.java:177)
>         at

org.apache.ftpserver.command.PASS.execute(PASS.java:127)
>         at

org.apache.ftpserver.RequestHandler.service(RequestHandler.java:269)
>         at

org.apache.ftpserver.RequestHandler.run(RequestHandler.java:236)

Re: Apache FTP Server

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.
At this point "no". We shall add it in our TODO list.

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: Apache FTP Server