Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ko...@excite.co.jp on 2004/01/11 03:56:18 UTC

Hello,

I try to use <whichresource> task. To get a url for an ant class,
I run the following code:

    <whichresource class="org.apache.tools.ant.Main" property="which"/>

On the screen, it seems that Ant added "/" at the front of the class
and looked for it:

	:
[whichresource] Searching for /org/apache/tools/ant/Main.class
	:

As a result, Ant couldn't find it. Then I provided another ant.jar which
was created by using <jar> task with <zipfileset src="ant.jar" prefix="/"/>
type:

    <jar destfile="another/ant.jar">
	<zipfileset prefix="/" src="ant.jar"/>
    </jar>

>From this, I got another ant.jar which has entries with prefix "/" like this:

$ jar tf ant.jar | grep Main
/org/apache/tools/ant/Main.class
/org/apache/tools/ant/helper/ProjectHelper2$MainHandler.class

Then, using <whichresource> task with this ant.jar in the search classpath,
now I can find the class successfully.

The following is a code snippet from WhichResource.java:

        if (classname != null) {
            //convert a class name into a resource
            classname = classname.replace('.', '/');
            resource = "/" + classname + ".class";
        } else {
            if (!resource.startsWith("/")) {
                resource = "/" + resource;
            }
        }

I think '"/" + ' may be removed...

Thank you,

Koji

Re:

Posted by "Jack J. Woehr" <ja...@purematrix.com>.
koji_sekiguchi@excite.co.jp wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to use <whichresource> task. To get a url for an ant class,
> I run the following code:
>
>     <whichresource class="org.apache.tools.ant.Main" property="which"/>
>
> On the screen, it seems that Ant added "/" at the front of the class
> and looked for it:

You should probably use the classpath attribute of the whichresource task.

--
Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but