Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2011/11/08 20:58:00 UTC

Hadoop ecosystem projects at ApacheCON

I apologize for the wide distribution, but I don't know of any
other mailing list that would hit all the folks involved in
various Hadoop ecosystem projects except for general@

I think there are quite a few  of us attending ApacheCON and
also interested in talking about integrating different Hadoop
ecosystem projects into a coherent Bigdata solution. So far
I don't see anything dedicated to that on the Agenda, so
why don't we use one of the Bigtop events for that.

So, if you're one of the folks who fits the profile, consider:
   1. Barcamp Bigtop session: Tue 11/8 @4pm
   2. Bigtop Meetup: Tue 11/8 @8pm
       https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/ApacheCON+2011+Meetup
       http://na11.apachecon.com/talks/23663
   3. Fastfeather talk "Building your own Hadoop distribution":
       http://na11.apachecon.com/talks/19901

Thanks (and once again, sorry for the wide distribution),
Roman.

Re: Hadoop ecosystem projects at ApacheCON

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Eric Charles <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thx for the meetup :)
> Very instructive and pleasant way of interacting.

Thank you, guys, for attending! Hopefully this is the first
of many meetups/hackathons to come.

Thanks,

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@gmail.com>.
Thx for the meetup :)
Very instructive and pleasant way of interacting.

Eric

--
Eric
http://about.echarles.net

Re: Hadoop ecosystem projects at ApacheCON

Posted by Peter Linnell <pl...@cloudera.com>.
On 11/08/2011 11:58 AM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> I apologize for the wide distribution, but I don't know of any
> other mailing list that would hit all the folks involved in
> various Hadoop ecosystem projects except for general@
>
> I think there are quite a few  of us attending ApacheCON and
> also interested in talking about integrating different Hadoop
> ecosystem projects into a coherent Bigdata solution. So far
> I don't see anything dedicated to that on the Agenda, so
> why don't we use one of the Bigtop events for that.
>
> So, if you're one of the folks who fits the profile, consider:
>    1. Barcamp Bigtop session: Tue 11/8 @4pm
>    2. Bigtop Meetup: Tue 11/8 @8pm
>        https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/ApacheCON+2011+Meetup
>        http://na11.apachecon.com/talks/23663
>    3. Fastfeather talk "Building your own Hadoop distribution":
>        http://na11.apachecon.com/talks/19901
>
> Thanks (and once again, sorry for the wide distribution),
> Roman.

Any chance we can get an audio hookup - even skype ?

Thanks,
Peter