Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 08:47:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany Bundle Plugin 1.0.8 RC1

Please vote on releasing the Tuscany Bundle Plugin module 1.0.8 (RC1).

The change over the 1.0.7 release is to rename the module from
maven-bundle-plugin to tuscany-bundle-plugin, see TUSCANY-3861.

The tag for the release is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/maven-plugins/tags/tuscany-bundle-plugin-1.0.8

The Maven staging repository is:
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/tuscany-bundle-plugin-1.0.8-RC1

+1 from me.

  ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Bundle Plugin 1.0.8 RC1

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond Feng
rfeng@apache.org
Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Ant, I don't think it's a good idea to switch back a binary distribution
> without OSGi support. If so, do we discard the OSGi enablement for Tuscany?
> We spent a lot of efforts to make it happen and I think the OASIS compliance
> tests run with the OSGi mode.

I completely agree with Raymond, OSGi support should not be removed.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Bundle Plugin 1.0.8 RC1

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The tuscany-bundle-plugin/target/classes/META-INF/maven/plugin.xml usually gives you the list of build goals and parameters. We could add a bit more documents to describe what each goal does.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ant,

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Florian Moga <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Florian Moga <mo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:31 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anything we can do to help get votes for releasing this?

I wasn't requesting the plugin to contain any doc, I just don't know how to
use it and what does it do in order to be able to review it... All I did is
ask for some information that would cut the overhead of looking into the
source so I'd be able to vote sooner. I do realize the urgency of this
release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Bundle Plugin 1.0.8 RC1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:47 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing the Tuscany Bundle Plugin module 1.0.8 (RC1).
>
> The change over the 1.0.7 release is to rename the module from
> maven-bundle-plugin to tuscany-bundle-plugin, see TUSCANY-3861.
>
> The tag for the release is:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/maven-plugins/tags/tuscany-bundle-plugin-1.0.8
>
> The Maven staging repository is:
> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/tuscany-bundle-plugin-1.0.8-RC1
>
> +1 from me.
>
>  ...ant

+1 for releasing

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Tuscany Bundle Plugin 1.0.8 RC1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Passed with three +1s from me, Raymond and Luciano.