Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by 勾王敏浩 <gw...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> on 2019/03/03 02:20:19 UTC

Re: Welcome to the IoTDB project

Hi,
    Currently we face a problem,when we use calcite connection to get the comment of the table,the "REMARK" of table is returned with "null".

    I wonder whether we can get table comment or column comment using calcite.

Thank you
| |
gwmh18
大数据工程国家实验室
gwmh18@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn

签名由网易邮箱大师定制

On 12/3/2018 05:32,Julian Feinauer<jf...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi,

my name is Julian Feinauer and I come from Apache Calcite, Edgent and PLC4X. My interest is mostly in time series processing at the edge. In my daytime job I work for two companies called pragmatic minds and pragmatic industries which we founded nearly 3 years ago in South Germany.
I love the idea behind iotDB as it is realy the materialization of many of my thoughts about what we really need for efficient storage of ts data.
I would love to get my hands dirty on the query and filter api and perhaps even write a small Calcite Adapter, when I find some time in the next weeks.

We have many "IoT" projects with practical use cases in the industry so I'll try to bring my perspective in as best as possible.

Best
Julian

On 2018/12/01 12:51:47, Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

My name is Willem, my Chinese name is 姜宁. I join the ASF since 2006 as
initial committer (just like most of you) of CXF. Then I joined the
development of Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Camel, Apache ServiceMix. Now
I'm working for Huawei and leading the project Apache SerivceComb.  As
IPMC member I had chance to mentor several  Apache Podling projects
which were started from China. Now I'm happy to be the mentor of
iotdb, and I will work closely with you (as I'm based in Beijing).
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions about
incubating.

I know most of developer may not get use to use mailing list for
discussion.  So I wrote some blogs[1][2] to talk about it when
mentoring the RocketMQ. Please take a look let me know what you think.

[2]https://willemjiang.github.io/blog/2016/opensource-code-of-conduct/

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem
On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 10:34 PM 李天安 <lt...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> wrote:

Hello, all,

I'm Tianan Li, it’s my first year of being a master student in School of Software at Tsinghua University. I used to take part in the development of postback model, which is used to transmit data from end to cloud.

It's my great honor to participate in such an awesome project and I hope to make more contributions for IoTDB.

Best Regards,
—————————————————
Tianan Li
School of Software, Tsinghua University

在 2018年11月30日,上午5:43,Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 写道:

Hi,

I’m Justin and I volunteered to be a mentor for this project and help out where needed. So if you need any help or have any questions, in particular about how the ASF works, please ask on this list.

I’ve been involved in the ASF for a while now and mentor and help out on a few projects, several of them in the IoT space. I’m currently the V.P of the Apache incubator and of Apache Mynewt. I’ve been involved in number of commercial IoT projects (and scada systems) and I’m a electronics hobbyist. I run the IoT meetup in Sydney Australia, speak at conferences and run the occasional workshop. I’m a freelance developer and teacher and currently split my time between the two, teaching at an online college / being a casual academic at university and working as a developer or consultant on several projects.

Thanks,
Justin

AW: Welcome to the IoTDB project

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

I have to check the calcite code to see whether remarks are passed via the Meta or not. Generally your implementation of the table interface should provide its meta data via the present abstract functions.

Can you give a mwe or a link to a branch, then I could check.

Julian

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Betreff: Re: Welcome to the IoTDB project
Von: 勾王敏浩
An: dev@iotdb.apache.org
Cc: dev@iotdb.apache.org

Hi,
    Currently we face a problem,when we use calcite connection to get the comment of the table,the "REMARK" of table is returned with "null".

    I wonder whether we can get table comment or column comment using calcite.

    [cid:77efa623$1$169415a20e9$Coremail$gwmh18$mails.tsinghua.edu.cn]
Thank you
<https://maas.mail.163.com/dashi-web-extend/html/proSignature.html?ftlId=3&name=gwmh18&uid=gwmh18%40mails.tsinghua.edu.cn&iconUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fmail-online.nosdn.127.net%2Fwzpmmc%2F8f50f1e94050373bafd9ccdb4491b047.jpg&company=%E5%A4%A7%E6%95%B0%E6%8D%AE%E5%B7%A5%E7%A8%8B%E5%9B%BD%E5%AE%B6%E5%AE%9E%E9%AA%8C%E5%AE%A4&items=%5B%22gwmh18%40mails.tsinghua.edu.cn%22%5D&logoUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fmail-online.nosdn.127.net%2Fqiyeicon%2F56df7a374dbc375497f66a92d65a584d.png>
[https://mail-online.nosdn.127.net/wzpmmc/8f50f1e94050373bafd9ccdb4491b047.jpg]

签名由 网易邮箱大师<https://mail.163.com/dashi/dlpro.html?from=mail81> 定制

[...]

―――――――――――――――――

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It seems that figures are not accepted for mailing list.

By the way, are you working on integrate IoTDB with Calcite? If so, why not
post your mail on `Integrate Calcite in IoTDB` thread or a new
thread/subject...

Best,
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University