Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Tyrone <ty...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/02 10:00:01 UTC

Questions about deploy Tuscany SCA composite on Tomcat

Hi,

I am new with SCA and Tuscany development and has a question regarding how
deploy  tuscany composite.on tomcat.
I want to write a composite that uses binding.ws and deploy it onto tomcat,
but can not find information about this.There seems no example like this in
\samples\webapps. I am able to write composite and run it standalone, but I
don't know how to deploy it onto tomcat, such like how to change project
format or to modify web.xml (add filer or listener).
Any one can tell me how to do this ?

thanks.

-Tyrone

Re: Questions about deploy Tuscany SCA composite on Tomcat

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
Tyrone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new with SCA and Tuscany development and has a question regarding
> how deploy  tuscany composite.on tomcat.
> I want to write a composite that uses binding.ws <http://binding.ws> and
> deploy it onto tomcat, but can not find information about this.There
> seems no example like this in \samples\webapps. I am able to write
> composite and run it standalone, but I don't know how to deploy it onto
> tomcat, such like how to change project format or to modify web.xml (add
> filer or listener).
> Any one can tell me how to do this ?
>
> thanks.
>
> -Tyrone

There's an example of this in the travel sample, currently available
as a release candidate from here:
  http://people.apache.org/~nash/tuscany/travelsample-1.0-RC3/
You can download the .zip or .tar.gz file from the above directory,
unpack it, and follow the instructions to build it and run the
sample scenarios.  The sample scenario that you are interested in
is this one:

16) SCA credit card payment service packaged as a web application

  (.war file) including all its Tuscany runtime dependencies and suitable
  for deployment to a Web application server such as Apache Tomcat. The
  service is configured with a <binding.ws> endpoint which is exposed by
  Apache Tomcat and will display its WSDL in response to a ?wsdl request.
  The web application also includes a JSP which provides a user interface
  for invoking the CreditCardPayment service.
Contributions: creditcard-payment-jaxb, creditcard-payment-webapp
Webapp: creditcard-payment-webapp

   Simon