Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Daniel Leffel <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/10 22:49:13 UTC

Scanner

Is there a parallel scanner (I didn't see it in the documents)? How hard
would it be to create one that scans over regions on different servers
simultaneously? I mean, obviously, iteration order would not be
deterministic then, but that'd be ok. Would that actually make table scans
faster?

Re: Scanner

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
The way to do parallel scanning is with a map/reduce job and
TableInputFormat. This does all the work of parallelizing the scan,
as well as whatever work you were doing.
-Bryan