Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/26 05:02:47 UTC

[Axis2]Article on E4X

FYI- to whoever might write the E4X provider for Axis2 ;)
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-ajax1/index.html

Re: [Axis2]Article on E4X

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Anthony :)
Srinath

Re: [Axis2]Article on E4X

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Anthony Elder wrote:

>Axis 2 looks good, quick to pick up. All the doc definitely helped and
>seemed quite comprehensive for an m1 release - I think its important that
>its kept up to step as the code develops.

Great!

> The only issue I can think of was
>I needed somewhere to stash away the Rhino compiled script object so the
>compile only happens on the first request to a service. I ended up adding
>it with a unique key to the map of operations on the AxisService which
>isn't very nice. Maybe the AxisService should have a bag of general
>properties. (I used the M1 release)

Ah we solved this at the 2nd f2f. There's going to be a very clean
hierarchy of
contexts scoped at the different levels of the lifecycle. This will give
you a perfect
solution for this problem.

>I do agree with some of Glen's comments on the spelling in the code, but I
>can't see how that will get fixed unless native speakers like me start
>posting corrections to this list.

I agree 100% the code and comments should be in good (Queen's? :-))
English. I
too will soon be getting into the code and will fix minor stuff as I see
it. Your
contributions would be most welcome!

I didn't reply to Glen's note because I felt it was going too farand so
wanted to write
a more detailed reply .. which means I never got to it :-(. While I
would like the Sri
Lankan guys to write in perfect English, I'd rather have them having verbal
diarrorhea (sp?) on the mailing list than not writing because of
worrying about
the English. The more you write the better you get right?

The same for the docs; let's write something down and keep improving them,
rather than clamming up and not writing.

Sanjiva.

Re: [Axis2]Article on E4X

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I guess for Ants specific requirement, service context is the best option
IMHO.
However he can also choose to directly store the thing in the storage
mechanism we have provided. (engine.put(), engine.get() methods that
actually calls an underlying storage)

--
Ajith Ranabahu

RE: [Axis2]Article on E4X

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2]Article on E4X

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Chathura Herath wrote:

>Hi Anthony,
>
>FYI there is a general bag of properties in both AxisService and
>AxisOperation inherited from the org.apache.wsdl.ComponentImpl
>
>    public void setComponentProperty(Object key, Object obj);
>    public Object getComponentProperty(Object key);
>
>Think this might serve your purpose??

This isn't enough .. these are not instanced per service "session"; which I
believe is what Ant wants. He really wants what we called SessionContext
in the F2F discussions.

Sanjiva.

RE: [Axis2]Article on E4X

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Anthony,

FYI there is a general bag of properties in both AxisService and
AxisOperation inherited from the org.apache.wsdl.ComponentImpl

    public void setComponentProperty(Object key, Object obj);
    public Object getComponentProperty(Object key);

Think this might serve your purpose??

Thanks

Chathura

Re: [Axis2]Article on E4X

Posted by Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com>.

[...]

To:    axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc:
Subject:    Re: [Axis2]Article on E4X

Re: [Axis2]Article on E4X

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

RE: [Axis2]Article on E4X

Posted by Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com>.

I've already written an E4X provider for AXIS2 for a subsequent article in
this dW series. I'll see if I can post the code here before the article
comes out.

      ...ant

Anthony Elder
ant.elder@uk.ibm.com