Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Meadows <ja...@meadowsdesign.cc> on 2003/03/31 18:09:38 UTC

Strange mod_jk 1.2.2 behavior?

We are experiencing a weird behavior with DirectoryIndex using apache
(actually, it's IBM HttpServer 1.3.26) and mod_jk 1.2.2 on AIX 4.3.3 (I
think).

There is an application hosted by the web server that specifically states
it's DirectoryIndex is index.php.  That's it, nothing else.  Now, when
mod_jk is not loaded, this works fine.  However, adding the LoadModule and
AddModule to httpd.conf is enough to break the application.  These two calls
send any request for the non-related php application to Tomcat.  It's almost
as if mod_jk searches the directory tree for any DirectoryIndex values.
When it finds these values it inserts, at the beginning, index.jsp if it
doesn't exist in the DirectoryIndex list.

I should note that adding index.jsp at the end of the DirectoryIndex fixes
this problem and tends to reinforce the above conclusion.

Does anyone know if this is a documented behavior somewhere?

Thanks.
Andy