Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Hindman <be...@eecs.berkeley.edu> on 2013/03/01 00:12:27 UTC

Re: how to use post-review

A bunch of us use post-review. In fact, a bunch of us use a tool we created
called post-reviews <http://github.com/bmahler/post-reviews> (notice the
extra 's') which recursively calls post-review on a chain of commits.

I don't know that I did anything spectacular to set it up. Note that I'm
using git, not svn. Here's my .reviewboardrc file (stored at the same level
as my .git directory):

GUESS_SUMMARY = True
REVIEWBOARD_URL = "https://reviews.apache.org/"
OPEN_BROWSER = True
TARGET_GROUPS = "mesos"

Re: how to use post-review

Posted by Adam Monsen <ha...@gmail.com>.
Ben wrote:
> I don't know that I did anything spectacular to set it up. Note that I'm
> using git, not svn.

Ah, ok! With your .reviewboardrc and a git config change, I got
post-review working on my box. I had to change my remote called
"origin" to be git://git.apache.org/mesos.git.

Originally I had cloned git://github.com/apache/mesos.git (so that was
"origin"), but when I tried post-review on my clone I got:

-- 8< --
There was an error creating this review request.

The repository path "git://github.com/apache/mesos.git" is not in the
list of known repositories on the server.

Ask the administrator to add this repository to the Review Board server.
For information on adding repositories, please read
http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/admin/configuration/repositories/
-- >8 --

No longer. Sweet.

post-reviews is handy too, thanks! Took me a few minutes to figure out
I had to create a topic branch off trunk with my work and run
post-reviews in there, but after that it worked like a charm.