Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Vaibhav Khare <va...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/17 16:48:34 UTC

Help Regarding Tiles

Hi,

I have a value in tiles-defs.xml which I am accessing using
<tiles:getAsString>. Now I want to pass this value in my custom tag.
e.g <Mytag name="tiles:getAsString value">
Is there any way I can do this, please let me know any work around for this.

Thanks in advance,

VK

Re: Help Regarding Tiles

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/5/17, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>:

> 2007/5/17, Vaibhav Khare <va...@gmail.com>:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a value in tiles-defs.xml which I am accessing using
> > <tiles:getAsString>. Now I want to pass this value in my custom tag.
> > e.g <Mytag name="tiles:getAsString value">
> > Is there any way I can do this, please let me know any work around for
> > this.
>

> Please ask this question in Tiles Users mailing list:
> http://tiles.apache.org/mail.html
> Tiles Developers list is about development of Tiles, not for users.

Ok, since there is an error in that page, I forgive you and answer your
question here :-)

You have got to import the attribute, then you can use it as a normal bean:

SNIP
<tiles:importAttribute name="nameOfYourAttribute" />
<Mytag name="${nameOfYourAttribute}" />
SNAP

HTH
Antonio

Re: Help Regarding Tiles

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/5/17, Vaibhav Khare <va...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a value in tiles-defs.xml which I am accessing using
> <tiles:getAsString>. Now I want to pass this value in my custom tag.
> e.g <Mytag name="tiles:getAsString value">
> Is there any way I can do this, please let me know any work around for
> this.

Please ask this question in Tiles Users mailing list:
http://tiles.apache.org/mail.html
Tiles Developers list is about development of Tiles, not for users.

Thanks
Antonio