Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2003/08/07 06:19:35 UTC

Re: Missing function in XML-Xerces-2.3.0-0/Xerces.C

john holdsworth <jo...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Thanks for Xerces-p. Its proving to be very useful for
> XML Schema validation from Perl.

Excellent! Glad to here it.

> I thought I'd drop you a line as the only crinkle I had with the
> 2.3.0-0 build was the following function refered to in Xerces.C but
> not defined in xerces-c-src_2_3_0.
>
> XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE::XMLPlatformUtils::isAnySlash

I have to enable the individual XMLPlatformUtils methods by hand - due
to the way the module is generated. So this is the proper forum to
indicate that I missed something useful.

> While the module and validation in particular seem to
> work fine I did have some problems with the regression
> tests in the Perl release (logs attched.) Is this
> something I should worry about?

They look like known problems.

If you have any useful sample code that you'd like to donate, I'd be
happy to stick it in the samples directory to help other people use
XML::Xerces.

Cheers,
jas.