Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Oliver <jo...@john-oliver.net> on 2009/07/23 01:34:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Proxying SSL

I believe I need to proxy SSL.

I have one Apache server, with SSL, and am using ProxyPass to get
https://server1/app/ to proxy to https://server2/app/  server2 is set up
to use certificate details for authorization.

I found http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html  There are an
awful lot of SSLProxy* directives, and I'm not sure what all I need to
get this working.  I added SSLProxyEngine on and got errors like:

[Wed Jul 22 23:02:56 2009] [warn] Proxy client certificate callback:
(server1:443) downstream server wanted client certificate
but none are configured
[Wed Jul 22 23:02:56 2009] [error] (502)Unknown error 502: proxy: pass
request body failed to [2001:480:10:61:250:56ff:fe2f:f1c3]:443
(server2)

I'm not sure why it's trying to talk IPv6 to server2  I added a hosts
entry with the correct IPv4 address, just to eliminate that issue, but I
get the same error.