Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Corne Kloppers <Ck...@juta.co.za> on 2007/01/04 15:00:28 UTC

XSD usage question

Hi all

I'm currently investing a lot of time looking into utilizing JCR for
getting a huge amount of content under control (Legislative- and
parliamentary data).

I'm busy writing XSD's for defining the document content structures for
each document type found within a Legislative context, documents like
Gazettes, Case Law, Journals, Bill, e.g. I’m planning to use these XSD’s
to validate the XML documents while creating new XML content and
transforming existing content.

To my understanding XSD’s can be used/imported into Jackrabbit to
automatically setup the Node structures, do you know of any real world
example of such a use? I would then like to import the validated XML
documents into the Jackrabbit repository to take advantage of the
features offered by JCR. Would this be feasible?

Can you recommend any Open Source application(s)? I’ve briefly looked
at Nuxeo 5 (Nuxeo Core) and the feature set looks very attractive.

My apologies for the million questions :-) But any insight will be much
appreciated.

Kind regards,

Corné Kloppers
Juta Law, South Africa
Tel  +2721 763 3575
Mobile +2784 913 0391
http://www.jutalaw.co.za/

Re: XSD usage question

Posted by Peeter Piegaze <pe...@day.com>.
You may want to look at the following in the jackrabbit checkout:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/xsd2cnd

in particular the class

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/xsd2cnd/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/xsd2cnd/SchemaConverter.java

The class converts an XSD to the (almost) equivalent JCR node type,
and provides the node type in CND format.

Unfortunately there are a number of mismatches between XSD and JCR
node types so there can never be a perfect conversion. I attempted to
provide a reasonably logical conversion, as much as possible.

If you have any ideas for improvement, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Peeter

--
Peeter Piegaze