Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Nithin Uppalapati (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" <nu...@bloomberg.net> on 2018/09/10 21:49:57 UTC

TimeoutBlockingWaitStrategy.signalAllWhenBlocking taking high CPU

Hi,
TimeoutBlockingWaitStrategy.signalAllWhenBlocking is taking high CPU for the topology we have. PFA the yourkit profiling snapshot.

Any idea what could causing it? Any suggestions to improve?

Thanks,
Nithin

AW: TimeoutBlockingWaitStrategy.signalAllWhenBlocking taking high CPU

Posted by Reinhard Kreutz <re...@hotmail.com>.
Hi

Without knowing the internals of storm: There have been some changes in com.lmax.disruptor.jar in 3.3.5, 3.3.6 and (perhaps) 3.3.8 dealing with disruptors and waiting strategies. (See

https://github.com/LMAX-Exchange/disruptor )

We currently stick to storm 1.0.5 and face idle CPU load of 90+%, too. Is there any compatible storm version with a disruptor jar of version higher than 3.3.2 ?

Reinhard