Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/07 10:51:39 UTC

OFBiz Community Day - 19th December 2015

Hi Everyone

Our last Community Day for 2015 is coming up soon on 19th December. If you
are not sure what our Community Days are all about then please take a look
at the following wiki page

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Community+Days

If you would like to participate then please start thinking about what area
or task you'd like to work on.

Please see below for some possible focus areas for the community day.

*Testing and Committing Patches*
One of the areas that is always important is the testing and applying of
patches. Our Community members have continually provided patches for bugs
and improvements. Before applying patches we need to test them across the
various versions to make sure they do what they are supposed to do.

Patches can become out of date very quickly meaning that if they are not
tested early enough then they can miss out on being included. We have a
large number of patches available so this could be a good opportunity for
test, review and commit.

*New Theme Update*
OFBiz user Stannah has contributed back a really nice theme to the project.
If the community agree then I think it would be nice if this theme could be
included in the trunk as one of the standard themes before it is frozen for
the next release.  (link to previous email below)

http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/alternative-theme-td4674037.html#a4674040

I think it has been mentioned that some work needs to be done to tidy this
up before we can use it – so this is also a possible focus.

*Jira Sprint*
I will create a Jira sprint in preparation for the Community Day so once
created, please start adding your the Jira tasks you want to work on into
it.  Remember that the Jira Sprint helps us track and report on the work
that has been done during the Community Day so please try to make sure your
work is included.

I will plan to open the sprint a day or two before the Community Day itself
and also leave it open for a few days afterwards.

I'll also try and send out another reminder next week.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: OFBiz Community Day - 19th December 2015

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr>.
Hello Sharan,

I'm free on saturday december 19th, so I'll be there.

See you,

Julien.