Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/13 22:25:08 UTC

[STATUS] ServiceMix 6 & Java 8

Hi

While preparing the next release I have performed the most tests using Java 8. I think it looks ok, except the ActiveMQ Web Console (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM-2698). I think we will be not able to fix this problem in ServiceMix 6 because the Web Console  requires Jetty 9 to work properly,  but this
version is not included in Karaf 3. We can only mention it is a know issue and will be fixed in ServiceMix 7.  Any thoughts about this problem?

The sources can be build with Java 8 with no problem.

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

33rd Degree 4charity (http://2015.33degree.org/)

Re: [STATUS] ServiceMix 6 & Java 8

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Oh well :(

Sounds like listing a known issue is the best we can do, until an upgrade to K4.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It's not possible to update to Jetty 9 in Karaf 3: it won't work with
Pax Web (due to some API changes in Jetty).

So, for Jetty 9 support, we have to upgrade to Karaf 4.

Regards
JB

On 10/14/2015 01:51 PM, Jamie G. wrote:
> Jetty 9 is not included in Karaf3, but could SMX just include it? SMX
> is a custom distribution, no reason it can't add in the extra package
> to its base install.
>
> -J
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak
> <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> While preparing the next release I have performed the most tests using Java 8. I think it looks ok, except the ActiveMQ Web Console (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM-2698). I think we will be not able to fix this problem in ServiceMix 6 because the Web Console  requires Jetty 9 to work properly,  but this
>> version is not included in Karaf 3. We can only mention it is a know issue and will be fixed in ServiceMix 7.  Any thoughts about this problem?
>>
>> The sources can be build with Java 8 with no problem.
>>
>> Regards
>> Krzysztof
>>

>> --
>> Krzysztof Sobkowiak
>>
>> JEE & OSS Architect, Integration Architect
>> Apache Software Foundation Member (http://apache.org/)
>> Apache ServiceMix Committer & PMC Member (http://servicemix.apache.org/)
>> Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC (http://www.capgeminisoftware.pl/)
>>

>> 33rd Degree 4charity (http://2015.33degree.org/)