Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Edward Dowgiallo <ed...@ptdprolog.net> on 2001/12/07 23:00:43 UTC

fo:inline error

This may be an error or I may just not understand how this is supposed to work.

In the following segment from a stylesheet, the starting and ending marker values are concatenated together with no spacing between them and the whole thing is left justified. Isn't fo:inline supposed to allow me to force part of the text to the other end of the line? I basically would like the starting marker value to be left justified and the ending marker value to be right justified.

        <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
          <fo:block font-family="Helvetica" font-size="10pt" text-align="start">
            <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="battle" retrieve-boundary="page" retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>
            <fo:inline text-align="end">
              <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="battle" retrieve-boundary="page" retrieve-position="last-ending-within-page"/>
            </fo:inline>
          </fo:block>
        </fo:static-content>

I have run into the same problem when trying to right justify the page number in a multi-column table of contents.

Thank you,
Ed

Re: fo:inline error

Posted by sp...@ChezPhil.org.
Ed,

> Isn't fo:inline supposed to allow me to force part of the text to
> the other end of the line?

You can't do this with today's FOP; people have asked on this list
before, and the only suggestion has been to use a table.

Whether you are supposed to be able to do this using FO I'm not sure.

--Phil.

Re: fo:inline error

Posted by Chuck Paussa <Ch...@systems.dhl.com>.
Edward,

You are right aligning the inline element within the block. You need to
have 2 blocks one start, one end like this:

          <fo:block font-family="Helvetica" font-size="10pt"
text-align="start">
            <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="battle"
retrieve-boundary="page" retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>
          </fo:block>
            <fo:block text-align="end">
              <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="battle"
retrieve-boundary="page" retrieve-position="last-ending-within-page"/>
            </fo:block>
Chuck