Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com> on 2013/02/19 03:44:22 UTC

Git

Now that Apache is offering writable Git repos [1] I'd be a proponent to
migrate over. Would other people be interested in moving over? Here is the
list of project already moved over [2].

Chris

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/writable-git
[2] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf

Re: Git

Posted by Erin Noe-Payne <er...@gmail.com>.
+1 to git.

I prefer git for the ability to locally stash and branch - tends to make my
life easier.

Re: Git

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>wrote:

> On 19 February 2013 16:59, Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am +1.  We have the Git SVN mirror, but that tends to not work as
> > well as I would like.
> >
> > The biggest question in my mind is how we update the release process
> > but this shouldn't really be an issue.
> >

> From my experience a rollback isn't possible with the Maven release plugin.
> OTOH setting the same tag twice but for a different revision is not really
> clean.
> IF we move to Git, we also need to define a workflow.

Yes. I thought there was a way to tell the Maven release plugin to not do a
push, which means we could revert the changes manually.

Re: Git

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Git

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.