Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Fenderbosch, Eric" <Er...@fedex.com> on 2003/09/30 21:56:28 UTC

Application Resources & Error messages

I'm confused on how error messages work.  I've created a properties file TrackMessageResource.properties in the proper package structure and specified it in my struts-config like this:
<message-resources
  null="false"
  parameter="com.*****.cc.track.struts.TrackMessageResources"/>

I'm using the validator plugin and it is returning error messages like:
???en_US.errors.minlength???

In TrackMessageResource.properties I have:
errors.minlength={0} can not be less than {1} characters.

This application is not going to be I18N so I only want/need one message resource file.  I don't understand why validator can't find the correct error message.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric