Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/04/25 07:09:10 UTC

Any change in ${ reports} in site.xml recently?

I've been working on several log4j related projects with Maven
recently and I've started having errors during site generation start
occurring on projects that had been working.  The symptom is:

[WARNING] Error loading report org.apache.maven.plugin.jxr.JxrReport
- AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport()
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error parsing site descriptor

Embedded error: expected START_TAG or END_TAG not TEXT (position:
TEXT seen ...g.apache.org/log4j/companions"/>\r    </links>\r    {$
reports}\r  </... @1:1352)

And will disappear if the ${ reports} is removed from src/site/site.xml.

I've been experiencing the problem with Maven 2.0.6 or Maven 2.0.4 on
Mac OS/X

java version "1.5.0_07"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing)

and still had the problem after deleting my local repository.

To reproduce the problem, check out the following project:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/sandbox/log4j/component

and then do "mvn site"

I had previously used {$reports} instead of ${ reports}, but it
seemed like both forms use to work and now neither form does.

p.s. I'm a maven newbie, so any comments on the project would be
appreciated.  Cobertura has been very finicky, saw the note on 2.1
but even using 2.0, I have to manually blow the plugin from the
repository and the surefire* files from the project to get the site
to produce correctly.

Re: Any change in ${ reports} in site.xml recently?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
It should be deprecated, not removed - I'll look into it.

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gregory Kick <gk...@gmail.com>.

On 4/25/07, Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
> I've been working on several log4j related projects with Maven
> recently and I've started having errors during site generation start
> occurring on projects that had been working.  The symptom is:
>
> [WARNING] Error loading report org.apache.maven.plugin.jxr.JxrReport
> - AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport()
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Error parsing site descriptor
>
> Embedded error: expected START_TAG or END_TAG not TEXT (position:
> TEXT seen ...g.apache.org/log4j/companions"/>\r    </links>\r    {$
> reports}\r  </... @1:1352)
>
> And will disappear if the ${ reports} is removed from src/site/site.xml.
>
> I've been experiencing the problem with Maven 2.0.6 or Maven 2.0.4 on
> Mac OS/X
>
> java version "1.5.0_07"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing)
>
> and still had the problem after deleting my local repository.
>
> To reproduce the problem, check out the following project:
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/sandbox/log4j/component
>
> and then do "mvn site"
>

> I had previously used {$reports} instead of ${ reports}, but it
> seemed like both forms use to work and now neither form does.
>
> p.s. I'm a maven newbie, so any comments on the project would be
> appreciated.  Cobertura has been very finicky, saw the note on 2.1
> but even using 2.0, I have to manually blow the plugin from the
> repository and the surefire* files from the project to get the site
> to produce correctly.

Gregory Kick
http://kickstyle.net/