Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Aleksey Vorona <vo...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/03 22:05:42 UTC

Struggling to undersand Qpid C++ message store

Dear all,

I am trying to configure the C++ broker with a message persistence
plugin and I can not find the documentation.

My current problem is that I see `make install` to place a lib at
/usr/local/lib/qpid/daemon/linearstore.so

and yet it fails:

$ qpidd --load-module linearstore.so
2017-11-03 15:04:07 [Broker] critical Unexpected error:
linearstore.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory: linearstore.so
(/media/data/source/qpid-cpp/src/qpid/sys/posix/Shlib.cpp:35)

I have tried to change the LDPATH but it did not seem to help.

I feel that I am missing a section in the documentation, as I can not
find any documentation on configuring message store with the C++
broker.

Could you help me, please?

-- Aleksey

Re: Struggling to undersand Qpid C++ message store

Posted by Aleksey Vorona <vo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, that works.

I just verified it with --durable yes on both the queue and the
message and it survives the broker restart.

FYI, I am going to run a test with a 10K durable queues, all with
persistance and a configured RING size restriction. All the consumers
will be in the browsing mode. So that there will be more or less
constant on-disk size (all messages are of the same size as well).

If there are any persistence layer options which make sense in this
scenario, please let me know. I am new to qpid.

-- Aleksey

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Try: