Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com> on 2015/04/28 06:40:23 UTC

Re: Milestone: Re: svn commit: r1676405 - in /ofbiz/branches/OFBIZ-6271: applications/product/pom.xml pom.xml

Hi Adam,

tried it and found out on Ubuntu 14:04 the command is:
mvn package -DskipTests

and gives a number of errors

maven version:
Apache Maven 3.0.5
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "3.13.0-48-generic", arch: "amd64", family:
"unix"
hans@hans:~/svn/OFBIZ-6271$ sudo bash

errors:
hans@hans:~/svn/OFBIZ-6271$ mvn package -DskipTests
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 45 projects -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-start:TRUNK
(/home/hans/svn/OFBIZ-6271/framework/start/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-component:TRUNK: Failure to find
org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-parent:pom:TRUNK in
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central
has elapsed or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at
wrong local POM @ org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-component:TRUNK,
/home/hans/svn/OFBIZ-6271/ofbiz-component-pom.xml, line 23, column 11 ->
[Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-base:TRUNK
(/home/hans/svn/OFBIZ-6271/framework/base/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-component:TRUNK: Failure to find
org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-parent:pom:TRUNK in
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central
has elapsed or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at
wrong local POM @ org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-component:TRUNK,
/home/hans/svn/OFBIZ-6271/ofbiz-component-pom.xml, line 23, column 11 ->
[Help 2]
[ERROR]
[E....................and more

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Le 28/04/2015 18:02, Adam Heath a écrit :

> On 04/28/2015 10:17 AM, Ron Wheeler wrote:
>> 1) is probably not a problem but it does make it harder to get support if you run into a bug that has already been fixed. I find it hard to imagine
>> a reason to use a piece of software that is known to be defective when there are several newer versions with those defects fixed (and perhaps some
>> new ones added)  :-)  .
>>
>> 2) Removing your local repo will not add the parent pom to the repo.
>> The message is pretty clear. You do not have org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-parent:pom:TRUNK in your local repo and it is not in Maven Central so Maven has
>> no way to get it.
>> You need to build and deploy the parent into your local repo.
>>

> Ok, this is wrong.  The issue you and Hans have reported has nothing to do at all with running install locally.  I actually had bad relative paths.
> See r1676572.
>
> On a plus, running mvn at framework/start, applications/product, etc, is now also working(!).  So, one actual sour point for maven has been dealt
> with.  See r1676573.

So no longer a blocker, OK

Jacques

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
1) is probably not a problem but it does make it harder to get support
if you run into a bug that has already been fixed. I find it hard to
imagine a reason to use a piece of software that is known to be
defective when there are several newer versions with those defects fixed
(and perhaps some new ones added)  :-)  .

2) Removing your local repo will not add the parent pom to the repo.
The message is pretty clear. You do not have
org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-parent:pom:TRUNK in your local repo and it is not
in Maven Central so Maven has no way to get it.
You need to build and deploy the parent into your local repo.

Ron

On 28/04/2015 10:31 AM, Adam Heath wrote:
> 1) I'm using maven 3.0.4.  I don't use the latest and greatest of
> everything.  We(Brainfood) are currently utilizing Debian Wheezy, with
> backports, as are release platform target.
>
> 2) If I rm -rf $HOME/.m2/, I get the same problem.  Issue confirmed.
>
> Thanks guys.  I should have done step 2 before announcing.
>
> On 04/27/2015 11:57 PM, Ron Wheeler wrote:
>> 1) Old version of Maven. running with the current version will make
>> it easier to debug any problems
>>
>> 2) It looks like you have not built and deployed the parent project
>> so the reference to the parent is not working.
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> On 28/04/2015 12:40 AM, Hans Bakker wrote:
>>> Hi Adam,
>>>
>>> tried it and found out on Ubuntu 14:04 the command is:
>>> mvn package -DskipTests
>>>
>>> and gives a number of errors
>>>
>>> maven version:
>>> Apache Maven 3.0.5
>>> Maven home: /usr/share/maven
>>> Java version: 1.7.0_65, vendor: Oracle Corporation
>>> Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/jre
>>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
>>> OS name: "linux", version: "3.13.0-48-generic", arch: "amd64",
>>> family: "unix"
>>> hans@hans:~/svn/OFBIZ-6271$ sudo bash
>>>
>>> errors:
>>> hans@hans:~/svn/OFBIZ-6271$ mvn package -DskipTests
>>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>>> [ERROR] The build could not read 45 projects -> [Help 1]
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR]   The project org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-start:TRUNK
>>> (/home/hans/svn/OFBIZ-6271/framework/start/pom.xml) has 1 error
>>> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
>>> org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-component:TRUNK: Failure to find
>>> org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-parent:pom:TRUNK in
>>> http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local
>>> repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
>>> interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced and
>>> 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @
>>> org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-component:TRUNK,
>>> /home/hans/svn/OFBIZ-6271/ofbiz-component-pom.xml, line 23, column
>>> 11 -> [Help 2]
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR]   The project org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-base:TRUNK
>>> (/home/hans/svn/OFBIZ-6271/framework/base/pom.xml) has 1 error
>>> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
>>> org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-component:TRUNK: Failure to find
>>> org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-parent:pom:TRUNK in
>>> http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local
>>> repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
>>> interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced and
>>> 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @
>>> org.apache.ofbiz:ofbiz-component:TRUNK,
>>> /home/hans/svn/OFBIZ-6271/ofbiz-component-pom.xml, line 23, column
>>> 11 -> [Help 2]
>>> [ERROR]

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: Milestone: Re: svn commit: r1676405 - in /ofbiz/branches/OFBIZ-6271: applications/product/pom.xml pom.xml

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.